Now that Thanksgiving is over, and oddly enough I had two huge Thanksgiving meals despite being in another country, it’s time to get back to paleo eating. This is my all time favorite paleo recipe as recreated from this Real Simple recipe.
The first time I made it, I didn’t get the oil hot enough before adding the chicken in skin side down and then the skin ended up sticking to the pan, total fail.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 8)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 head cauliflower (about 11/2 pounds), cut into florets
- 2 small dried red chilies or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 450° F. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Working in batches, cook the chicken skin-side down until crisp and golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate; reserve the skillet.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the skillet. Add the cauliflower, chilies, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Nestle the chicken skin-side up in the cauliflower, transfer to oven, and roast until the cauliflower is tender and the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 22 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cilantro to the skillet and toss to combine. Serve with the lime wedges.