One of my absolute favorite things to cook is baby back ribs. Whether it be done simply in the oven or over the grill or this time within 30 minutes in the Instant Pot for falling off the bone delicious softness and finished in the oven slathered in sauce. Ok let’s get to it, my mouth is watering just thinking about the recipe.
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1/2 cup any liquid you want to cook the ribs with – I used chicken stock, but you can also use, water, pork or beef broth or pear juice is yummy for this too.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark soy
- green onion for garnish
- Remove membrane from the underside of the ribs, this is just so that the meat absorbs the sauce better.
- Cut ribs into 4 relatively even pieces.
- You could add additional rub to your ribs here, but I didn’t because I was being lazy.
- Stack ribs in the middle of the Instant Pot kind of like how you would stack logs in a bonfire, in a teepee shape, so that it all evenly cooks.
- Add to the pot your liquid.
- Close lid and set Instant Pot with the Meat function. This auto gave me 35 minutes.
- Preheat oven at bake to 450 degrees.
- Mix the sesame oil, honey, brown sugar, and dark soy in a bowl and then set aside sauce.
- Line a baking tray with foil (easier for clean up) and if you have a cookie cooling rack place that on top.
- Once Instant Pot completes cooking, vent it as usual and using tongs remove your ribs and place on cooling rack, they should be super soft.
- Slather sauce on both sides of your ribs.
- Toss ribs in oven for 4 minutes each side, starting with bone side down to get that beautiful colored finish.
Garnish with green onions.
Viola! Delicious melt in your mouth Instant Pot ribs! I’ll be honest with the sauce I kind of winged it so this is approximately the proportion I used, but you can also create it by constantly tasting it. I personally like my sauce more sweet, so I kept adding in more honey and brown sugar.
Hope you like it!