I love hosting dinner parties. When we were in our early 20s I started a weekly turn based cooking night between 4 friends appropriately called “Wed Night Dinner”. Later on when life events came up we eventually disbanded this tradition. A few years later I reinstated dinner nights with a bunch of coworkers and this was then “Thurs Night Dinner”. Oddly enough this cyclical dinner process disbanded after a couple we had invited broke up. Ooops.
Now that we’re in our 30s, I still enjoy hosting dinner parties. I absolutely love cooking and it’s far easier to cook for six people versus one. One thing that always comes up while we’re hanging out in my kitchen is where I get some of my kitchen tools, so here’s my Kitchen Gear Gift Guide*.
OOoh I love this knife! You can tell a good cook when they have good knives.
Ok so I haven’t become super fancy yet and into Japanese forged metal blades yet… but my knives of choice are the Wusthof Classic. Below are the other things that adorn my kitchen.
- John Boos Chop-N-Slice Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board
- Wüsthof – Classic 7″ Nakiri, Hollow Edge
- Wusthof Classic 5-Inch Hollow Ground Santoku Knife
- Hiware 35 Oz Glass Drip-free Carafe
- Wusthof Classic 7-piece Slim Knife Block Set
- Eva Solo Oil and Vinegar Carafe
- Willow and Everett Salt and Pepper Grinders
- Eva Solo Angled Aluminum Knife Stand
- All-Clad BD005710-R D5 Brushed Stainless Steel 5-Ply Bonded Dishwasher Safe Cookware Set
Enjoy cooking with these, I know I do.
*Sidenote: Don’t buy Asian people knives as gifts, it’s bad juju.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.